I have a friend that had a detached garage, he was doing some work and noticed that the dog food bag had a hole. He did some investigating and found that he had some rodents doing some hoarding. They were hoarding under cabinets and the stand for the hot water tank. They are crafty and will hide food for times of famine. What can you do?
- Store food in metal containers
- Check garage for entry points
- Check garage doors for tight seals
If you notice activity take measures immediately to limit their availability of food and shelter.
- Keep food sealed and stored properly, and clean kitchen floors and counters daily.
- Dispose of garbage regularly and store in sealed containers.
- Seal cracks and holes in homes, including entry points for utilities and pipes and in screen doors and windows.
- Keep basements and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry.
- Should you experience symptoms of an allergic reaction, such as tongue and throat swelling, wheezing, dizziness, or shortness of breath, call 911.
- If allergic to stinging insects, learn how to use an epinephrine kit and carry it with you at all times.
- If you suspect an infestation or notice a hive or nest on your property, contact a licensed pest professional to safely remove the threat.
- Read our blog http://www.callprobest.com/blog frequently to stay up-to-date on what you can do to protect your family against bugs and bug issues.
Soapbox Alert —– Soapbox Alert
One of the hardest things that I run across when dealing with termites in the garage are built in shelves. The problem is their location in regards to the expansion joint. Now I agree where else would you build the shelves, certainly not the center of the garage – that would be impractical. Here is my suggestion – don’t secure the bottom shelf. This would allow us the option of removing that shelf and drilling our necessary holes to prevent termites.
One of the many benefits of belonging to a Professional Association are the great benefits and this benefit actually helps consumers find a “PRO” in their area. There are also tips on helping you find that Pro.
Climate data may clear the Black Rats from the scourge of the Plague.