Archive for the ‘bugs’ Category
BBQ grill not in use and overlooked for many months. As soon as the technician noticed this he brought it to the attention of the homeowner. Can you imagine what would have happened if the homeowner had just removed the cover?
They were Africanized and immediately became agitated and attacked, luckily technician was in his bee suit. Almost every inch of the grill was being utilized by this group of bees. WOW!
Not sure exactly what is going on but at first thought that the bees had found a way into the home by way of a crack or space in the light fixture.
Next morning no bees at all, so maybe they were distracted by the light at night and couldn’t find the rest of the swarm.
When in doubt, check it out and call a Pest Management Professional
Earwigs and the real facts:
I remember as a kid watching the Twilight Zone and being freaked out by the Episode 60 where the earwing gets inside somebodies ear. (Not sure this link will work for everybody – Hulu) – I was scared to death with this story. Then came star Trek with that giant weird looking earwig thing being put into Chekov’s ear.
- Earwig received its name due to the myth the earwig would crawl into your ear if you slept on the ground.
- Those weird looking things on their tail are used as weapons, against smaller insects.They are practically harmless to humans.
- Noctural, hunting at night.
- Eat both live and dead plant material and insects.
- There is no real evidence that they transmit disease or harm humans or animals, despite their nickname pincher bug.
- Earwigs also have two penises! Both are larger than it’s body and if it needs the second one just in case one of them snaps off!