Archive for the ‘weeds’ Category
OOPS, somebody should be watching where they are walking!
To late now but somebody applied a grass killer at a previous job and then walked on grass at another home, wasn’t us but you have to be careful!
A lot of people these days are attempting to do many things themselves that years ago they never would have thought of. This article (link here) is exactly about that very subject.
Pest Control is listed and I wanted to add my own 2 cents into the mix:
- Remember all those stories about people blowing up their home or injuring people?
- You must know the enemy, pest professionals do that for a living.
- Don’t mix chemicals without the knowledge of them.
- If you do make a mistake call 911 or Poison Control 1-800-222-1212
Better yet just call ProBest Pest Management 480-831-9328 or 623-414-0176.
I decided to add a little more about weeds from my Saturday post. I’ll bet most people probably hate weeds or at the very least hate pulling them but do you generally notice them around a certain time of year. Well you would be correct, the rains trigger the little seeds to start a sprouting. So what can you do about weeds, here are a few tips to help you through the weedy season. So March and probably September or October depending on the rains and monsoon.
- Get them early, they become hardier and harder to pull.
- Check areas where the roof line comes down, the seeds become airborne and the settle on the roof and the rain or wind takes them down.
- Use a hula hoe to break up the rooting part of the weeds.
- Now if you are going to spray them, if they are tall or woody cut them down first with a lawnmower or weed whacker.
Post Emergent – A weed killer which is applied to the leaves of an established plant. It is absolutely essential to cover the leaves, you can add a surfactant or a sticker to help with that.
Pre-Emergent – A pre-emergent is a chemical that prevents seeds from germinating or prevents seedlings from growing to maturity.
It is possible (read the label) to combine products such as pre-post together, that way you can kill the existing weeds and the ones before they germinate.
The key to effective weed control is to first be sure you have identified the weed at hand and to read and follow the pesticide label exactly.
Our Services include:
I’m really not sure I was ready for this, I was probably OK with being related to monkeys or apes but this is going to far. More than 150 years ago Darwin proposed his theory of Universal Common Ancestry (UCA) linking all forms of life . A recent article from Physorg.com and posted to www.newzinnewz.com says that Darwin had it right and according to biochemist Douglas Theobald in which he tested proteins across all three domains of life (including eukarya -humans, yeast & plants) and Bacteria and Archaea (microorganisms).
So here is the story —- the take away from this is that we are related to everything on earth. By the way this is really going to mess up my family tree.