Posts Tagged ‘bedbugs’
“BedBugs force Portsmouth dispatchers to relocate” Bedbugs don’t care who you are, they don’t care if you are rich or poor. They don’t care if your a Firefighter or Policeman, so the key is that you are aware of their tenacious abilities at getting into your life.
One of the best things that I recommend are mattress and box spring encasements – such as CleanBrands
What I really like about these encasements is that they save your mattresses from the usual things:
- Accidental leakage – pets or toddlers
- Mitigates allergens
Damn BedBugs, they are sneaky and will hide in any hole or crevice. Click on the picture and see if you can find the bedbugs in the hole. What should you look for if you think you have an infestation:
- Red or black spots on bedding material.
- Adult Bedbugs are the size of a apple seed, babies are much smaller and see through.
- Smell of iron (result of blood).
- Don’t just look at the bed check the cracked paint, wallpaper, any crevices in wood or holes in computer desk.
If you’re not sure, don’t waste time. The longer you wait the faster the problem can get out of hand. Check the following site http://www.pestworld.org for more information.
Well I have to say you learn a lot here in the field, when checking a waterbed it is important to completely take the bed apart. Every square inch of the bed needs to be taken apart and carefully inspected for bugs.
So lesson learned – you must be diligent in your endeavor and track down those pesky BedBugs. This picture above is the plywood that holds up the mattresses or waterbed. Check out All Things BedBugs
Well I thought this was a funny question, but it turns out they travel by mass transit. OK I’m kidding you but in NYC the bed bugs are spreading out by taking every opportunity to sneak to different locations by every means available. Libraries continue to see infestations, theaters and now modes of transportation.
So what can you do? Be aware of your surroundings, if you think you are being bitten take to to the person in charge of where ever you are. Most people don’t actually notice the bite but if you get home and you see bites or welts think about where you had been and call them and mention it.
MAKE SURE YOUR HOME AND FAMILY
All joking aside OK maybe that is not possible, I do have a few Bed Bug questions? Just for the record in case anyone is monitoring my blog from the NSA, TSA etc,”Freedom of Speech! I’m really just joking, really. “Senate undergoes emergency cleaning after woman drags in Bedbugs”
- How do we know that the Bed Bugs weren’t there for support from their colleagues?
- How will be differentiate between the Senators, Lobbyists and the Bed Bugs?
- With all the children coming into the US maybe the Bed Bugs were seeking asylum?
- I don’t know for sure but I’ll bet they acted faster on this issue than the “Highway Funding Bill.”
- Professional Courtesy.
Nothing is for sure except Death and Taxes – and I’m sure if we didn’t pay our taxes they would come after our blood. So take care my friends if you are visiting Washington D.C. because you never know what you may come home with.