Posts Tagged ‘blogger’
Is it time for a change with your Pest Control company, do they answer calls promptly and do they provide exceptional customer service? If they don’t I think it is time for a change. What should they provide you for pest control?
- Well they should be able to get rid of the bugs. A few years back I just happened to be at a house for a termite inspection refinance and we got talking about bugs. She complained about American Cockroaches getting into the kitchen, as I did my inspection I brought along my bellows duster and just started dusting wall voids and the block wall voids. Surprise – the roaches came out in droves, they were everywhere. I took that account away from another pest company that day, just because I paid attention to her complaint.
- Are they members of their local, state and national pest management association. Arizona Professional Pest Organization (AZPPO), National Pest Management Association (NPMA) and are they QualityPro?
- Does your Pest Company listen to you, do they answer your calls promptly and do they return calls promptly?
- It’s the year of Social Media, do they have reviews from customers just like yourself?
Homeowner’s Insurance – Covers termites doesn’t it?
I get this question a lot and the answer is pretty straight forward – NO. To my knowledge I know of no homeowner policy which covers damage from termites and to my knowledge I know of NO policy which covers pest of any kind. I’m aware of only one policy which was created for Bed Bug issues from the stand point of hotels/motels.
Here are some favorite quotes on termites…
“Termites – it’s only a matter of time” or “Termites – not IF but when” or “There are only two kinds of homes, those with termites and those waiting to get get them”
- Have an inspection done yearly if you live in the South.
- Walk around your home and check the foundation. Check the roof line for Bees.
- Don’t allow stucco to go beneath stone or dirt, you always want an open foundation to see termites tubes.
- Don’t plant trees to close to the home.
- Don’t install sheds or buildings to close to the house.
- Don’t allow sprinklers to hit the home or foundation.
- When in doubt call a professional, often times an inspection is free http://www.pestworld.org
Bang! Up goes the house… Bug bombs are not toys!
So if a 1/2 ounce of bug stuff kills bugs then 1 ounce has to be better, right? That’s what many people believe and guess what – they would be wrong and sometimes it can cost you BIG! A woman in Ludlow, ME found out the hard way “Pest Control Bombs Blamed for House Fire“. Check out some older stories from the ProBest Blog on what happens when you use a product incorrectly “Boom, goes another house!” and “The Top Least Effective Ways to Kill Bed Bugs“.
Always read and understand Labels, MSDS and product directions. The time to know is before you use them.
Update and official notice of my blogging…
This is just a reminder of my blogging:
- I started blogging in 2009, I blog because I enjoy it and want to pass along my knowledge of pests.
- Many people are good at what they do, I don’t change my own brakes because I don’t know anything about car repair – but I know bugs and I’m very good at it.
- This blog is intended for my customers and anyone else interested in professional pest management.
- I tend to pass along information as it occurs in the real world, when someone uses to many bug bombs, or uses a blowtorch to get rid of webs, or the spread of various diseases within a vector like mosquitoes or fleas takes place – such as like Hanta Virus, West Nile Virus etc.
- I consider myself a Public Health Pest Management Professional.
Successful blog – the art of interacting! Successful and Outstanding Bloggers.
“Relationships are everyone’s business, and every business is relationships” Liz Strauss
According to EatonWeb, “Liz Strauss is perhaps the most influential relational blogger on the Internet.” Her blog –Liz Strauss at Successful Blog — has been called both a destination and an event. She is known as connector who makes lasting relationships. Her blog has tens of thousands of comments. The WordPress Plugin Liz Comment Counter by Ozh was named in her honor to celebrate her dedication to responding to the readers of her blog.
Please check out her blog about ProBest ‘s Blog
They take the conversation to their readers, contribute great ideas, challenge us, make us better, and make our businesses stronger. I thank all of our SOBs for thinking what we say is worth passing on. Good conversation shared can only improve the blogging community.
Should anyone question this SOB button’s validity, send him or her to me. This award carries a “Liz said so” guarantee, is endorsed by Kings of the Hemispheres, Martin and Michael, and is backed by my brothers, Angelo and Pasquale.