Posts Tagged ‘blogs’
Why do we need pesticides?
I mentioned in previous blogs “CDC Issues Health Alert” and “The days of power spraying every house coming to an end” my real concern of using pesticides in homes and I continue to stand by my convictions regarding my statements. Now with that said I do believe there is a need for pesticides and sometimes you must use pesticides in homes. I find it funny that people want to use Green materials on cleaning their carpets but don’t really care if a Pest Company sprays inside the home. Back in 2010 Rueters published an article “Pesticides tied to ADHD in children in USA study” by researcher Marc Weisskopf of the Harvard School of Public Health.
Technology changes and we need to adapt to stay ahead of the bugs that could hurt or even kill us. Of course you also don’t want the pesticide to kill you either. So by stopping the pests from outside, preventing them from getting into the home is the paramount endeavor. Thjis program is commonally called Integrated Pest Management or (IPM).
Homeowner’s Insurance – Covers termites doesn’t it?
I get this question a lot and the answer is pretty straight forward – NO. To my knowledge I know of no homeowner policy which covers damage from termites and to my knowledge I know of NO policy which covers pest of any kind. I’m aware of only one policy which was created for Bed Bug issues from the stand point of hotels/motels.
Here are some favorite quotes on termites…
“Termites – it’s only a matter of time” or “Termites – not IF but when” or “There are only two kinds of homes, those with termites and those waiting to get get them”
- Have an inspection done yearly if you live in the South.
- Walk around your home and check the foundation. Check the roof line for Bees.
- Don’t allow stucco to go beneath stone or dirt, you always want an open foundation to see termites tubes.
- Don’t plant trees to close to the home.
- Don’t install sheds or buildings to close to the house.
- Don’t allow sprinklers to hit the home or foundation.
- When in doubt call a professional, often times an inspection is free http://www.pestworld.org
What you don’t know – could KILL you!
I love blogs, you can get information in a manner that is easy to read and categorized to whatever genre you want or need. For example this blog tries to relate the stories that might influence you daily about bugs, obviously you don’t come to this blog to learn about food or restaurants. I glean the stories from the internet that I think could affect us in our day to days lives. Examples - http://naturalunseenhazards.wordpress.com/ this blog is for people like wildlife professionals, hunters, camper and hikers; I also enjoy reading this blog http://www.successful-blog.com/ it gives me assistance in writing and topics; I also try to stop by http://www.pestcemetery.com each week because my friend Jerry Schappert writes about pest control. So why all the who ha, because within the last month several stories scared me to death almost?
Your Pest Control company is the front line to keeping those bugs that could harm you at bay – maybe we should have a “Pest Control Technician Day” or “Hug your Technician Day”.
Gilbert Arizona Pest Control – Blog marketing – Social Media, ProBest Pest Management
Yesterdays bug was the Arizona Brown Spider—–
I remember way back when – when the only options available for marketing was the phone book, OK maybe the newspaper as well. Some of this cost BIG bucks, I think I remember a large company way back in the early 1990′s paying about $12,000 a month. If you are a small business like ProBest Pest Management you know that this is something that is way out of the reach of most of us.
I also think that today we are able to reach out and actually talk to individuals by way of blogs, Twitter and Facebook. Most of these social media opportunities are free, well in a way you still have to spend the time to be involved and interact. My favorite is blogging, I get to share what I know in a format hopefully enjoyed by the readers in a method available 24/7/365 and free. I can discuss what is happening in Arizona but might also affect someone in Georgia, case point West Nile Virus to the more recent invasion of Bed Bugs. I watched the Bed Bug invasion start in New York and spread across the U.S. at an alarming rate, travel/vacations all push the problem across the U.S.
I love that we can now get up-to-date emails and information at the speed of 4G, had to say that. You can subscribe to whatever you want, from Mommy bloggers to whatever hobby you may be interested in – and get that information when and where you want it – to your phone, Ipad or email boxes. So maybe it’s only the beginning of how we receive information and in what manner – so hang on tight……..
Update and official notice of my blogging…
This is just a reminder of my blogging:
- I started blogging in 2009, I blog because I enjoy it and want to pass along my knowledge of pests.
- Many people are good at what they do, I don’t change my own brakes because I don’t know anything about car repair – but I know bugs and I’m very good at it.
- This blog is intended for my customers and anyone else interested in professional pest management.
- I tend to pass along information as it occurs in the real world, when someone uses to many bug bombs, or uses a blowtorch to get rid of webs, or the spread of various diseases within a vector like mosquitoes or fleas takes place – such as like Hanta Virus, West Nile Virus etc.
- I consider myself a Public Health Pest Management Professional.