Posts Tagged ‘blood’
“DNA from the earliest known stain of bubonic plague suggests new outbreaks possible.” I love history and this is one I don’t want to see us repeat. 2/3 of Europe was extinguished in the blink of an eye and the Justinian Plague wiped out 1/2 of the known world at the time.
I also had no idea but there are about 2000 cases of bubonic plague reported yearly. Scary!
A quick word on the Plague – its transmitted by the flea and the fleas are generally transported by rodents. We occasionally receive news from the 4 Corners area of the Southwest that fleas are tested and test positive for the Plague.
IPM or “Integrated Pest Management is a process involving common sense and sound solutions for treating and controlling pests. These solutions incorporate three basic steps: 1) inspection, 2) identification and 3) treatment. Treatment options vary from sealing cracks and removing food and water sources to pesticide treatments when necessary.”
Bed Bugs and you – TIPS
- Encasements keep the bed bugs trapped inside the mattress or box springs until they die if missed during the initial treatment.
- Prevent bed bugs from hiding inside beds, making an infestation harder to find and treat.
- Offers a first line of defense to stop bed bugs, even before they have been detected by you.
Encasements are a valuable tool to homeowners and people who either travel or have guest stopping by often. Encasements will also help to make that mattress or box spring last a little longer.
Bed Bugs are continuing their rise to a real pest in the U.S. and according to Orkin it doesn’t look like they are slowing down. Orkin has been keeping track of bed bugs calls within their company and provide data to keep officials and the public informed. “Chicago tops bed bug cities list for second year in a row“.
Phoenix is up seven from 35 to 28, so here are a few tips from me to keep you informed as well.
- Just be aware of the issue, don’t panic. Many people are bitten by various bugs like mites, mosquitoes and think they have bed bugs. If you are being bitten isolate the area (by that I mean the area in the home) see what you can see. Check beds for fecal spotting (when bed bugs bite they eject old blood feces etc), if you see something moving catch it and keep it handy for an expert.
- If you travel take precautions, I hand my clothes from the shower rod and put my luggage on the bathroom vanity and that is where it stays. Check the bed and close furniture and if you see something inform management and move to another room.
- Remember bed bugs just don’t hang out on beds.
- When returning home, unpack in garage or outside and check luggage. Wash everything and high heat, wrap luggage in black garbage bag and if you’re AZ put it in sun especially during summer 113 – 120 degrees in ideal to bake them.
- Keep an eye out if you have guests or frequent visitors, they can travel in backpacks.
- I’ll repeat “Don’t Panic!” call a Pest Management Professional, as I think this is not a “Do It Yourself” (DIY) program.
Blood feeder – recent issue – 6 letters?
What killed 2/3′s ? population in Europe in or near 1350? 4 letters
Cockroach skins or feces can cause this – 6 letters?
Major roach pest in U.S. 6 letters?
Soaks up pesticides in restaurants, making it difficult to control pest – 3 letters?
Very small eight legged parasite – 4 letters?
answers-etim, lio,namreg,amhtsa,aelf,gubdeb – Good Luck
I remember those days, those old mattress covers were made out of vinyl or plastic, they crinkled and were hot when you slept on them. Even today we see the cheaper units that are uncomfortable and nothing makes for a bad night of sleep like this. If you’re going to spend money – buy a mattress encasement which provides breath-ability and comfort. I have seen some of those cheaper covers rip just putting them on a mattress and then what?
Nothing makes you crankier than not getting a good nights sleep!
Call ProBest Pest Management or stop by to see a real mattress encasement.
480-831-9328 or 623414-0176 425 W. Guadalupe Rd #110, Gilbert 85233