Posts Tagged ‘GreenPro’
Here is my idea of Green Pest Service
Everything we do starts with Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- We do an inspection, we walk around the home with a webster broom and clean off window and doors of any spider webs. At this time we are doing a cursory exam of the home and property.
- We perform an outside service which may include a liquid treatment, granular bait – either a repellent or a bait depending on activity.
- We then use a bellows duster to dust block wall bump-outs and crack and crevices which haven’t been sealed. Usually this is a mixture of DE and some type of active formulation dust.
We will treat inside only if there are bug issues within the home and very limited in the scope. (Stored Pantry Pests)
***** Now some would argue that this isn’t a true GREEN service, but we have scorpions and it is almost impossible to kill them all. So the question is, what if I have never seen a scorpion. Can I get a Green service?
Yes there are many items on the list of Green, just remember that they won’t generally last as long as the other products. Now this isn’t to put blame anywhere but some products we use are micro-encapsulated and hold up better with the sunlight and HEAT in Arizona. So here is the BIGGEST question, does it cost more? Yes and no, yes if you want me to handle any callbacks and no if you don’t. The chemical won’t go the 30, 60 or 90 days that most people want it to last.
Oh by the way, some of these so called Green products – contain pesticides like permethrin. So, really check out what you want and if you have questions send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and maybe I can help you decide on what is right for you and your family. What is the number #! thing you can do = home sealing.
A recent article “Global Pest Control Services Market: Trends and opportunities (2013-2018)“. talks about the growing trend in green type pest control.
My concern is that most people truly don’t understand what makes green GREEN. What is organic and what makes a service green is open to debate. My definition of Green may just be Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and ProBest strives to do this everyday. We promote the use of less pesticide inside, while doing everything we can from the outside – to keep pests out. If you can keep out the pests and keep down their food, this might equal less pests getting into your home or business.
So if you need a Green service – find out what the pest company considers GREEN or better yet check out a GreenPro company :
QualityPro is a nationwide certification for
pest management companies.
- When selecting a pest management company to service your account, National Pest Management Association (NPMA) feels strongly that it is important for you to have the right resources to make an educated decision on who you let in your home and business. Through QualityPro, you can feel confident that prior to a technician arriving at your door, all employees of a QualityPro company must first go through a comprehensive criminal background check, meet a stringent drug-free workplace policy, and have the professional knowledge necessary to successfully reduce and eliminate unwanted pests. Therefore, we encourage you to ask your provider if they have earned the QualityPro certification so that you can know you’re hiring the best in the business.
- This widely respected certification requires pest management companies to ascribe to a comprehensive set of standards. Earned by less than 3% of companies in the United States, the QualityPro designation demonstrates a commitment to excellence and provides consumers with an easy way to identify and be confident in their selection of a quality pest management provider.
More and more people and designers of homes are asking this question. The house must be able to breath and allow the flow of some air to go both ways. I work with a company right here in town that deals with Environmental issues daily http://www.csceng.com/ Phone: (480)460-8334
Clark Seif Clark Inc. (CSC), and they have been helping clients deal with complex environmental issues for over 16 years. It is not an easy job. Part of their responsibility is to help protect the health and safety of building occupants.
GREENPRO a part of QualityPro, encourages those firms that seek to demonstrate their commitment to the environment may earn this enhanced certification by meeting additional standards related to risk reduction in pest management. As a pest management provider, GreenPro gives you the opportunity to prove your credentials to customers that are looking for a truly integrated pest management approach to reduce and eliminate their problem.
As a member of GREENPRO we also participate with EPA Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP), “Healthy Housing“,
Green Restaurant Association and USGBC LEED Building Certification.
Home- sealing if done correctly can keep those little bugs and critters out of your home. Even restaurants can be sealed to prevent infestations from becoming an all out issue. Businesses can also receive a better review for using GREEN products and services.
Stay tuned for an article next week from Clark Seif Clark on issues relating to how tight should a home be sealed and other great information. * On a side note he mentioned storing products in a garage and when a a/c units come in, does it suck the fumes into the house through door seals etc.
GreenPeople.org is the world’s largest online directory of green, eco-friendly, and holistic goods and services, non-profit organizations and eco-events, serving consumers since 1998.
GreenPeople Directory businesses are reviewed against stringent stringent eco-criteria, examining ingredients, supply sources, organic or other certifications, and the effect the product or service has on the environment. We weed out toxic, or ‘greenwashed’ products or services, resulting in a trusted directory of 20,000 members and growing.
Protect Your Family.
Preserve the Planet.
Eco-Effective Pest Control.
As individuals across the world make great strides to preserve our planet and increase consumer awareness for environmentally responsible initiatives, the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) is excited to offer the world’s largest and most credible green certification program for pest management professionals – GreenPro.
The GreenPro certification means that your pest management provider must comply with a multitude of qualifications to ensure that you receive a safe and effective service each time they arrive at your door.
Established in 1994, the Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP) is an EPA partnership program that works with the nation’s pesticide-user community to promote Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices.
ProBest Pest Management Gold membership is reserved for PESP’s outstanding environmental stewards. These members’ demonstrated commitment to pesticide risk reduction makes them models for other PESP members. Gold members may develop an IPM strategy, demonstrate significant and sustained progress in reducing pesticide risks, and independently measure the progress of their IPM implementation.