Posts Tagged ‘mosquitoes’
“Entomologists study ways to kill urban pests“ Why is this important, I’ll point out some remarks made in this story. Please read the story lots of great information.
- “There is definitely an economic impact to bed bug infestation,” Romero said.
- Psychological effects are often underestimated. Romero said having bed bugs can cause sleeplessness and anxiety.
- There is concern over chemicals in insecticides that could be harmful to humans, but Romero said they must be used properly and according to procedures.
Here are some factors that I see and read daily.
- Hanta Virus (weekly reports)
- Bubonic Plague
- WNV (West Nile Virus) from mosquitoes also Malaria or Dengue Fever from around the world
- Africanized Bees
- Ticks (Lyme Disease)
- Assassin bugs (Chagas Disease)
So as we continue the fight against those bugs/insects/pests that can kill us if not kept in check, new manufacturing continues to create new molecules to destroy those killers. What can you do?
- Check your home monthly.
- Keep trees and shrubs trimmed and away from your house.
- Repair screens and keep doors closed.
- When traveling – keep an eye out for various bugs like Bed Bugs.
- If you encounter a pest, do some investigation and have it checked – don’t panic.
The sense of smell of an ant is just as good as a dog’s is.
The skeleton of a spider is located on the outside of the body.
It would take about 1,200,000 mosquitoes to fully drain the average human body of blood.
One single bite by a Bullet ant is so painful that is compared to bullet; hence its name is bullet ant. It can make your time very bad, causing trembling, burning, perspiration, throbbing and sometimes paralysis that last about 24 hours. It lives in rainforests from Nicaragua to Amazon basin.
A baby cockroach can run side by side with its parents.
Antarctica is the only continent without any reptiles or snakes.
A pound of grasshoppers is three times as nutritious as a pound of beef.
Anteaters prefer termites to ants.
A bat is the only mammal that flies.
Out of every 1,000 Mosquitoes, one female carries a disease that could be fatal to humans.
Spiders are considered venomous, which means they secrete venom and inject it into their prey by biting. Some people mistakenly call spiders poisonous, but this is incorrect because they are not toxic if ingested.
Mosquitoes have forty-seven teeth.
Honeybees are far more dangerous than snakes. Bees kill more people each year than all the poisonous snakes combined.
The average bed contains between two million to six billion dust mites. How about Bed Bugs – none I hope!
The first legislation providing federal authority for regulating pesticides was enacted in 1910.