Posts Tagged ‘ProBest’
Stored product pest include such pests as Beetle, Moths and Weevils. Another pests that deserves a distinction of menace also includes rodents like mice and rats. I really like the idea of using glass bottles to store products away from the pests that might try to get to them. You get the benefit of reducing pests and you can see what the product is.
Just another great idea that incorporates IPM or Integrated Pest Management.
To be completely honest I love rain and you’re probably not going to like my reason for it. The rain brings out the bugs and I LOVE it, the termites become more active and bugs in general just love the water opportunities.
So with all this water, what can you do to prevent the inevitable onslaught of the bugs.
- Don’t allow stagnant water to gather on your property. This means any amount, I’ve seen mosquito wigglers in a glass bottle on the side of the road.
- Don’t allow wood to touch the ground and especially near the house. This includes firewood stacked against the home.
- If you notice puddling, fill it in and that also warrants a check on potted plants – they can collect water as well.
- If you have a fountain, as long as it is operating it is OK but when it doesn’t work the water can then become stagnant.
- Check your foundation slab for termite activity.
This was a picture from my own neighborhood, thanks Monica and it is a Brown Widow Spider. Sometimes difficult to tell, but you can see some strange markings including that little hourglass. The colorings are different than that of Black Widow spiders, the color of the hourglass can be yellow or even orange and they may also have spots on their top sides. The one thing to note is that the egg sacks are spiky while those of the Black Widow are basically just round shaped.
Always take care working around you home, wear gloves and if bitten call Poison Control 1-800-222-1222
Those termites will find any way into the house, sometimes it just works out that it is a pipe. Originally a pretreat was done and this should work for many years, if the pretreat was done correctly. So as you are doing your monthly inspection, it would be wise to check any pipe penetrations through your foundation slab. I actually found one swarmer (reproductive) or alate termite walking around inside the shower.
It’s monsoon season here in Arizona so termites are usually a little more active, so please check your home or give us a call at 480-831-9328 or 623-414-0176.
Millions and millions, nightmares may be made of this..