Posts Tagged ‘QualityPro Green’
GreenPeople.org is the world’s largest online directory of green, eco-friendly, and holistic goods and services, non-profit organizations and eco-events, serving consumers since 1998.
GreenPeople Directory businesses are reviewed against stringent stringent eco-criteria, examining ingredients, supply sources, organic or other certifications, and the effect the product or service has on the environment. We weed out toxic, or ‘greenwashed’ products or services, resulting in a trusted directory of 20,000 members and growing.
Protect Your Family.
Preserve the Planet.
Eco-Effective Pest Control.
As individuals across the world make great strides to preserve our planet and increase consumer awareness for environmentally responsible initiatives, the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) is excited to offer the world’s largest and most credible green certification program for pest management professionals – GreenPro.
The GreenPro certification means that your pest management provider must comply with a multitude of qualifications to ensure that you receive a safe and effective service each time they arrive at your door.
Established in 1994, the Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP) is an EPA partnership program that works with the nation’s pesticide-user community to promote Integrated Pest Management (IPM) practices.
ProBest Pest Management Gold membership is reserved for PESP’s outstanding environmental stewards. These members’ demonstrated commitment to pesticide risk reduction makes them models for other PESP members. Gold members may develop an IPM strategy, demonstrate significant and sustained progress in reducing pesticide risks, and independently measure the progress of their IPM implementation.
Food Industry & Pest Control in 21st Century
We have come a long way, Thank God. I’m reminded every time I watch a show that takes place in a day and time that I’m sure glad I don’t live in. Today we live by rules and all these rules are generally there to protect us. “Landmark Food Safety bill passed”
We deal with some facilities that require extra special care, some abide with American Institute of Baking (AIB) rules.
Managing Risk and Strengthening Reputations
We are committed to protecting the safety of the global food supply chain and delivering high value educational and technical programs.
AIB provides Food Safety Inspections, Audits, and Certifications, Food Safety Education, and Research & Technical Services. Our renowned School of Baking offers the best educational experience in the baking industry to students from North America and around the world.
The commitment of AIB International’s staff to provide quality service for every client has secured leadership positions and a reputation for effectiveness and integrity.
Is it really FREE? Come on are you really going to fall for that same ole trick!
I think we all know the saying “If something sounds to good to be true its probably isn’t” and for some reason I’ve been hearing it more and more these days. So here are some pointers that I will suggest to un-complicate your life.
- A Termite job done right cannot cost $299 unless the house is the size of a shed.
- A Bed Bug treatment on a 4000 square foot home cannot be done for $500.
- Always check to see if the vendor has the proper licensing and insurance!
- Check out the company’s review online if possible.
- Are they members of National Pest Management Association, what about the Better Business Bureau and/or the Chamber.
- Go with your gut feeling, cause if it sounds to good to be true – maybe it’s not the company you want to use.
1. DON’T PANIC.
2. Look for tell tale signs, small about the size of apple seed, blood spots on the beds and possible bites.
3. Don’t set off bug bombs, won’t work and may make the issue worse. This is not a DIY program.
4. Don’t start moving things around, don’t move the mattress outside – you may shake them loose or move them into different rooms. If you take your clothes out put them into black garbage bags and seal them tightly – wash them in HOT water and dry on HOT for at least 40 minutes. If you can’t wash or dry on HOT, use Nu-van strips in the bags.
5. I know I said this on number one ”DON’T PANIC” call a Pest Management Professional like ProBest Pest Management 480-831-9328 or 623-414-0176 or go online to National Pest Management Association http://www.pestworld.org and enter your zip code.
Love your Job?
I absolutely love my job, now I guess I would rather not kill things but it must be done. Many folks might say it doesn’t have to be done but I argue as a Public Health Professional that it is imperative to control bugs and vermin. Malaria continues to kill 1 million people a year = mosquitoes and rodents either damage or contaminate food up to about 20% of food supplies throughout the world.
Case in point is this article (link here) – I think this story is an exception to the rule that all manufacturers allow filth and pests to run amock (I love that word). I have been in many manufacturing plants and 99.99% have always been clean and have safeguards in place to prevent contamination to food products. ProBest abides my the (AIB) American Institute of Baking rules as it pertains to warehousing and storage. Recently the (AIB) and the (NPMA ) National Pest Management Association teamed up to set consistent standards. ProBest Pest Management continues to complete testing to stay current with new standards and are certified QualityPro including Schools, GREENPRO and Food Protection.