Posts Tagged ‘QualityPro Schools’
GreenPro, is a stringent yet practical, sustainable, and eco-effective solution that has been tailored for today’s environmentally conscious consumer. GreenPro’s integrated pest management (IPM) program will continue to emphasize a systems approach that focuses on long-term pest prevention/suppression coupled with minimal impact on human health, property, the environment, and non-target organisms.
Green Pest Management or Organic Pest Management – or IPM, how do you tell the difference? More details as these programs continue to roll out.
In the old days spraying homes was the norm, today people understand that continued use of poisons or pesticides in homes isn’t necessary. To be honest that isn’t what ProBest Pest Management is all about, we are not a spray and soak your home with chemicals company. We will identify and help you solve your pest problems. We truly believe in IPM and we practice what we preach. That is why we are members of PESP and GreenPro.
A recent article “Global Pest Control Services Market: Trends and opportunities (2013-2018)“. talks about the growing trend in green type pest control.
My concern is that most people truly don’t understand what makes green GREEN. What is organic and what makes a service green is open to debate. My definition of Green may just be Integrated Pest Management (IPM) and ProBest strives to do this everyday. We promote the use of less pesticide inside, while doing everything we can from the outside – to keep pests out. If you can keep out the pests and keep down their food, this might equal less pests getting into your home or business.
So if you need a Green service – find out what the pest company considers GREEN or better yet check out a GreenPro company :
QualityPro is a nationwide certification for
pest management companies.
- When selecting a pest management company to service your account, National Pest Management Association (NPMA) feels strongly that it is important for you to have the right resources to make an educated decision on who you let in your home and business. Through QualityPro, you can feel confident that prior to a technician arriving at your door, all employees of a QualityPro company must first go through a comprehensive criminal background check, meet a stringent drug-free workplace policy, and have the professional knowledge necessary to successfully reduce and eliminate unwanted pests. Therefore, we encourage you to ask your provider if they have earned the QualityPro certification so that you can know you’re hiring the best in the business.
- This widely respected certification requires pest management companies to ascribe to a comprehensive set of standards. Earned by less than 3% of companies in the United States, the QualityPro designation demonstrates a commitment to excellence and provides consumers with an easy way to identify and be confident in their selection of a quality pest management provider.
There are a lot of friends and industry members that read and follow my blog (thank you), so I wanted to be sure to update you on a fellow site that is full of resources. IPM Institute
“Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a prevention-based, highly effective approach proven to reduce pest complaints and pesticide use by up to 90% in schools and other public buildings. IPM practices such as sanitation and exclusion also improve food safety, fire safety and energy conservation.”
Every day, 49 million children attend school in the United States, served by nearly seven million teachers and staff. But they’re not alone. Schools are also frequented by a number of pests including cockroaches, mice, dust mites and more. Asthma is epidemic among children, impacting nearly 6% of school children nationally with rates as high as 25% in urban centers. Cockroaches are potent asthma triggers.
I have said numerous times that it is absolutely important to use care in the delivery of pesticides. I believe so much in that principle – that we hardly ever treat inside homes any longer. With that said I still think there is a place and a necessity for the use of pesticides. Here are a few examples when it might be necessary:
- Africanized Honeybees inside the school
- Invasion of German roaches (probably from boxes delivered the night before)
- Rodent/wildlife loose in school
- Bed Bugs
Food Industry & Pest Control in 21st Century
We have come a long way, Thank God. I’m reminded every time I watch a show that takes place in a day and time that I’m sure glad I don’t live in. Today we live by rules and all these rules are generally there to protect us. “Landmark Food Safety bill passed”
We deal with some facilities that require extra special care, some abide with American Institute of Baking (AIB) rules.
Managing Risk and Strengthening Reputations
We are committed to protecting the safety of the global food supply chain and delivering high value educational and technical programs.
AIB provides Food Safety Inspections, Audits, and Certifications, Food Safety Education, and Research & Technical Services. Our renowned School of Baking offers the best educational experience in the baking industry to students from North America and around the world.
The commitment of AIB International’s staff to provide quality service for every client has secured leadership positions and a reputation for effectiveness and integrity.