Posts Tagged ‘QualityPro Schools’
Food Industry & Pest Control in 21st Century
We have come a long way, Thank God. I’m reminded every time I watch a show that takes place in a day and time that I’m sure glad I don’t live in. Today we live by rules and all these rules are generally there to protect us. “Landmark Food Safety bill passed”
We deal with some facilities that require extra special care, some abide with American Institute of Baking (AIB) rules.
Managing Risk and Strengthening Reputations
We are committed to protecting the safety of the global food supply chain and delivering high value educational and technical programs.
AIB provides Food Safety Inspections, Audits, and Certifications, Food Safety Education, and Research & Technical Services. Our renowned School of Baking offers the best educational experience in the baking industry to students from North America and around the world.
The commitment of AIB International’s staff to provide quality service for every client has secured leadership positions and a reputation for effectiveness and integrity.
It’s us versus them, what an I talking about?
You know the old adage, “you get what you pay for.” I quoted a termite job this week at $795 and they had a bid for $315 – why the BIG difference.
- I was quoting a Premium Termiticide not just some cheap crap!
- There is no one that does a better quality job than ProBest!
- ProBest belongs to several higher standards – ie; QualityPro (QualityPro Schools, QualityPro Food Protection and QualityPro – GreenPro. ProBest is also an industry member of the National Pest Management Association and Arizona Pest Professional Organization. ProBest also is a member of the Better Business Bureau and the Chamber of Commerce of Gilbert. ProBest also has reviews all over the web, Kudzu, MerchantCircle and Manta. We also have background checked all employees yearly since 2008 through Crime Free Circle – providing you with peace of mind.
- No person or company is perfect but we put ourselves out there to prove and help you make an intelligent opinion about our service. We may make mistakes but we endeavor to make it right.
Is it really FREE? Come on are you really going to fall for that same ole trick!
I think we all know the saying “If something sounds to good to be true its probably isn’t” and for some reason I’ve been hearing it more and more these days. So here are some pointers that I will suggest to un-complicate your life.
- A Termite job done right cannot cost $299 unless the house is the size of a shed.
- A Bed Bug treatment on a 4000 square foot home cannot be done for $500.
- Always check to see if the vendor has the proper licensing and insurance!
- Check out the company’s review online if possible.
- Are they members of National Pest Management Association, what about the Better Business Bureau and/or the Chamber.
- Go with your gut feeling, cause if it sounds to good to be true – maybe it’s not the company you want to use.
The odd places Bed Bugs are coming from…
Holy Bed Bug Batman, where are these dreaded Bed Bugs coming from? I’m amazed every day when I hear from a customer that they have Bed Bugs and I always ask where they think they came from. Now most of the time they have been traveling or they have guest who have traveled and then spent time at their house. But occasionally I hear some rather weird stories like movie theaters, children visiting or backpacks being brought home from school.
The biggest issue with me is education, the more you know the more informed you are about the issue. But you also must be wary of wrong information – the web is full of information and misinformation. You can also get different opinions on any given subject, I recently gave my opinion about how long it takes to kill Bed Bugs in a dryer – I said 1 hour and the person said I talked with so and so and they said 40 minutes then another at 30 minutes. My theory was better safe than sorry at an hour.
So before you head off to follow the advice get a second opinion and use common sense. Don’t use gasoline, kerosene anything that is highly flammable or anything that is dangerous without reading the Label or MSDS, always be safe.
What’s the weirdest place you have seen or heard about Bed Bugs? Comment below please…
Love your Job?
I absolutely love my job, now I guess I would rather not kill things but it must be done. Many folks might say it doesn’t have to be done but I argue as a Public Health Professional that it is imperative to control bugs and vermin. Malaria continues to kill 1 million people a year = mosquitoes and rodents either damage or contaminate food up to about 20% of food supplies throughout the world.
Case in point is this article (link here) – I think this story is an exception to the rule that all manufacturers allow filth and pests to run amock (I love that word). I have been in many manufacturing plants and 99.99% have always been clean and have safeguards in place to prevent contamination to food products. ProBest abides my the (AIB) American Institute of Baking rules as it pertains to warehousing and storage. Recently the (AIB) and the (NPMA ) National Pest Management Association teamed up to set consistent standards. ProBest Pest Management continues to complete testing to stay current with new standards and are certified QualityPro including Schools, GREENPRO and Food Protection.