Posts Tagged ‘rats’
Great article on debate whether Lyme Disease is a chronic disease. Study may suggest some correlation to Global Warming – OK I said it. Lyme Disease also imitates other nefarious like chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia and mulitple sclerosis.
I have a friend that had a detached garage, he was doing some work and noticed that the dog food bag had a hole. He did some investigating and found that he had some rodents doing some hoarding. They were hoarding under cabinets and the stand for the hot water tank. They are crafty and will hide food for times of famine. What can you do?
- Store food in metal containers
- Check garage for entry points
- Check garage doors for tight seals
If you notice activity take measures immediately to limit their availability of food and shelter.
Climate data may clear the Black Rats from the scourge of the Plague.
The northern grasshopper mouse (Onychomys leucogaster) is rather squat and blocky, has a white tummy and a white tip to its short tail. They’re not fast runners but are very agile – able to twist and turn to subdue prey in their longer-and-stronger-than-average jaws.
Isn’t it great to hear and read about cool stuff like this, thank goodness they aren’t real big. But anyway that’s why I’m here, to pass along stories like these.
Oh yes they are, and we all need to be aware they are always out there and wanting into our cozy warm homes. What can you do to keep them out?
- Seal all holes coming into your home.
- Repair screens.
- Install door sweeps.
- Install garage door seals.
- Close flue dampers or at least check them.
- Pay attention to wiring around homes, rodents need to keep their teeth from growing to long.
- Seal weep holes and check attic often.
- When brining stuff down from attic, open boxes outside – prevents anything from getting loose within the house.