Posts Tagged ‘Tempe’
I think leadership is something you are born with and is also something that you can cultivate and make better. As an Eagle Scout, former Woodbadge Scouter’s Key trained 15 year Scoutmaster I spent many a day planning, organizing and setting into motion events and training programs. Each and every day at ProBest Pest Management those same thoughts help me to plan and organize my day, month and year. I carry everyday my “Marketing and Planning book” because as the saying goes “He who fails to plan, plans to fail“. So what is my plan:
- I have a 1 year plan and 5 year plan!
- Marketing, advertising and planning are a day to day process.
- Try something and if it works continue, if it doesn’t try something else. With that being said you must track the marketing.
- To succeed everyone must understand the plan and be on-board to make it happen.
- Training is essential, there are 2 things that I never care about; #1 taking my employees to events with other pest industry technicians – some leaders worry that their technicians will be stolen by other companies. If they leave they weren’t that loyal to you anyway. weren’t that loyal to you anyway. #2 I require certain amounts of continuing education and encourage my employees to learn and yes even to the point of getting them certified as Qualifying Operators which means that they could leave and start their own business. Anything is a risk but if you treat your employees well, hopefully that will come back around (Karma).
- I encourage my employees to speak their minds but ultimately it still is my ship to steer.
- No one is perfect and the way you learn is by making mistakes.
Dark Shadows (1966 versus 2012) My tribute to blood suckers not much different than Bed Bugs!
I’m really not a fan of movie remakes, they just don’t seem to be of the same caliber as the originals – here are just a few before I get to Dark Shadows.
The Day the Earth Stood Still – (1951) still my all time favorite movie and the version by Keano Reeves (2008) was OK, just not as good as the original from my point of view. Black and white, Michael Rennie (Klaatu) was just cool and the robot (Gort) – terrifying, yes the 2008 version special effects were great but it just lacked the charisma of the original.
I am Legend a novel – I read it on a plane in 1971 on the way to the 13th World Scout Jamboree in Tokyo, Japan. This novel was later made into a movie “I Am Legend” (2007) with Will Smith – not technically a remake so nothing to relate it to except it didn’t follow the novel as well – I think they call that poetic license.
OK – I was a huge, we are talking HUGE Dark Shadows fan, Barnabus Collins – the vampire played by Jonathan Frid died April 13-14, 2012. I would race home from school and watch this show and it scared the absolute out of me, but I had to watch it. With all the talk these days about blood sucking Bed Bugs and the creepy bats to those places where spiders and evil lurk. So I’ll probably see the movie but I’m concerned this will more funny than a serious vampire movie – watch the preview. The movie is set to release May 11, 2012 and I’ll see you there
Technology continues to amaze me and the pest industry!
Spring is almost here!
Spring is almost here, at least in Arizona and soon we will heading to those wonderful 120° temperatures. So the BIG question are you ready for Spring Cleaning? Here are a few tips on preparing for the summer heat ahead of us all.
- Check all out building for pests, like bees or termites.
- Check the eaves of your home for bees and cracks in which bugs hide.
- The Spring is a great time to caulk and seal your home against unwanted pests, it’s cooler and we all know we don’t want to do it in the Summer.
- Check for any nesting around the home, rodents and birds use nesting material and will often drag it in through opening in the walls and ceilings.
- Use a cobweb broom to knock down interior dust webs.
- Trim those trees from against the home.
- Never stack firewood or wood against the home.
- Clean your carpets.
- How about some plumbing spring cleaning – here are some tips from Benjamin Franklin Plumbing
If you need any help feel free to call us at 480-831-9328 ProBest Pest Management