Posts Tagged ‘Termite Inspections’
- What is your name and business? Sandi Nilson, Associate Broker with Realty Executives.
- Describe something unusual about your business and why a customer might choose you over your competition? 32 years of full time real estate experience. Almost 100% of my business comes from referrals from previous satisfied clients – and most real estate agents don’t come CLOSE to that number of referrals. I also worked to attain the GRI and CRS designations which signify extensive experience and training; and I also have accounting and business law education in my background.
- Can you describe a funny story or opportunity that happened while doing your work? There was the time I got a street name mixed up and showed the wrong house on the wrong street. The listing was brand new, so it was typical that no sign had been installed yet; the owner of the correct house had said “there isn’t a lockbox yet but the back door is open, so go through the gate and go in the back door.” The back yard had a somewhat familiar, but not so pleasant, smell. Once inside, I wondered why the listing said the pet was called “Dog”….. but the pet in THIS home was a pot belly pig! After leaving, I realized I had shown “Aspen” and the correct street was “Ash”. When I went to the home to apologize, the owner thought it was hysterical (I was lucky). I eventually was called to list a neighbor’s home (and eventually several in the neighborhood) after meeting that first homeowner – she passed the story on to her neighbors! As a farm girl from North Dakota, I had smelled hog manure a few times before that day but never before or since in Arizona!
- How did you come across our little group of ANTS “A Network of Top Strategist“? I was introduced to the group by Lin Bourgeois, who I have known for many years, and also Mary Contreras.
- What one thing would you do to improve the economy of Arizona? BUY AMERICAN – the whole US economy would benefit! And BUY LOCAL whenever possible.
- Anything else you would like to share with my readers of my blog? I want homeowners to remember that when it comes to selling real estate, there is no substitute for KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, and INTEGRITY.
Sandi Nilson can be reached at office 480-839-2600 – cell 602-579-8899 or by email at SandiNilson@cox.net and her website is http://www.sandi-sells-arizona.com and she also blogs frequently at http://sandinilson.wordpress.com/
To better serve our clients ProBest Pest Management is opening a new location in Peoria, Arizona. Our new number is 623-414-0176, still the same great responsive service you have always depended on but maybe closer.
The highest compliment that anyone can bestow on a company is a referral – so please take the time today to spread the word about ProBest – 2 great locations to serve you Gilbert 480-831-9328 and Peoria 623-414-0176.
Our Services include:
I’m telling a lie, but this mud tube was huge. Considering the size of termites this was like a major freeway right into the home, 24/7/365. I’ve seen some termite tubes or tunnels in my day but this was the biggest I’ve ever seen in Arizona. See my previous blog on the most Tubes on one home.
Subterranean termites build mud shelter tubes to gain access into your home or structure. They are seeking food = wood which we conveniently build right on top of their home. These termites build these tubes out of the soil using water and their feces. This allows them to go from the ground into our homes while also allowing them to remain hidden away from their enemies the ants and the sunlight which would quickly dry them out. Inspect your home monthly for signs of termites or pests such as honeybees.
Here in Arizona we have all types of foundation slabs but we will basically talk about the two most prominent. Monolithic or Mono = single pour of concrete. We do also have a version of this slab called Post Tension and this basically is a mono pour with cables run through the concrete and is used to tighten the concrete – you cannot drill this slab. Post Tension slabs are usually stamped in the garage. Mono slabs only have penetrations where the plumbing pipes go through the concrete, unless there are cracks. If you ever run into crack in the slab and you are going to cover the slab with tile, call a Professional termite company to treat before you lay the tile – I hate ruining tile!