New cases of things that you probably thought were gone rebound from time to time. California has recently issued a notice about Bubonic Plague from the Sacramento Bee by Bill Lindelof “El Dorado warns of plague danger, urges avoidance of rodents“.
Every once in awhile we run across Hanta Virus or the Plague here in Arizona, the risk is really an issue in places where deer mice or rodents are on the run.
So what do you do?
- Seal up holes in you home, don’t let the rodents in.
- Check your home monthly for issues.
- If you notice rodent droppings, use care in cleaning them up and try to figure out how they are getting in.
- Don’t allow trees to touch your home, it makes a great highway for all type of things.
- Don’t store stuff against the outside of the home.
- If you have a cabin, use care in cleaning up – dust and urine can become airborne and can carry all sorts of stuff.
Picture provided by Univar