We all need to bee aware in Arizona and pretty much all of the South U.S. This is an example of why, this picture is a water meter box and if you look close you will see honeybees going in and out of the entrance . What would happen if children were playing and ran across the lid, or fell on the meter box?
What would happen if you decided to check your water meter box and lifted the lid without seeing the bees, catastrophe well maybe? So please see the checklist below and use caution in and around your home!
- Check your home monthly especially in the Spring and Fall, check eaves and roof-line.
- Check your property, sheds and storage.
- Keep an eye out for meter boxes or electrical boxes.
- If a swarm enters your property and alights on a tree branch, wait – they may move. If they go to and from your home, then it is time to call.
- Remember bees don’t know a dog house from a tree.
- Remember if you decide to treat, you can’t call the bees back once they are excited and upset.