“Entomologists study ways to kill urban pests” Why is this important, I’ll point out some remarks made in this story. Please read the story lots of great information.
- “There is definitely an economic impact to bed bug infestation,” Romero said.
- Psychological effects are often underestimated. Romero said having bed bugs can cause sleeplessness and anxiety.
- There is concern over chemicals in insecticides that could be harmful to humans, but Romero said they must be used properly and according to procedures.
Here are some factors that I see and read daily.
- Hanta Virus (weekly reports)
- Bubonic Plague
- WNV (West Nile Virus) from mosquitoes also Malaria or Dengue Fever from around the world
- Africanized Bees
- Ticks (Lyme Disease)
- Assassin bugs (Chagas Disease)
So as we continue the fight against those bugs/insects/pests that can kill us if not kept in check, new manufacturing continues to create new molecules to destroy those killers. What can you do?
- Check your home monthly.
- Keep trees and shrubs trimmed and away from your house.
- Repair screens and keep doors closed.
- When traveling – keep an eye out for various bugs like Bed Bugs.
- If you encounter a pest, do some investigation and have it checked – don’t panic.