Alert: New Mexico Health Department confirms fatality in NorthWest New Mexico.
Hantavirus is a deadly disease transmitted by infected rodents through urine, droppings or saliva. People can contract the disease when they breathe in aerosolized virus.
- Seal the home or cabin.
- Trap or use outside rodent bait/trap stations to reduce numbers, I also suggest TickBoxes.
- Reduce food sources, don’t leave out dog/cat food.
- Don’t allow clutter to get the best of your home.
- Trim trees and bushes.
- When cleaning cabins or homes, use a dust mask and follow the CDC guidelines on cleaning.
- Rodents cause other issues, be safe and follow CDC guidelines.