Information by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA) – check out the info at their site.
My Top 10 Tips on preventing Termites at your home or business:
- Don’t stack wood or firewood against your home.
- Trim trees so they don’t touch your home, better yet don’t plant trees to close to your home.
- In Arizona our termite season is really somewhere near August through December depending on monsoon rains.
- If you have a crawlspace, check to be sure that you don’t have any water leaks.
- Check the foundation for mud tubes, inside if you see mud trails or tubes coming from the ceiling call a Pro.
- Don’t store boxes over the expansion joint in garage, leave a little space to inspect the wall and foundation.
- Any structure like shed should be installed on blocks or concrete, wood to ground allows termites to damage the shed.
- Slope dirt and stone away from home, don’t allow dirt or rock to be higher than the stucco.
- Position sprinklers away from the house.
- Once a year call a Professional Termite Inspector, have them give you their opinion and advice on termite activity.