Emergency bee calls are up in the Valley, honeybees have no idea what is a good place and where is the bad place. This call was right about 2 electronic doors and every time the door opened some bees flew in. A unique situation because they had this super big lobby area and there were bees everywhere inside and they weren’t happy. Here are a few facts to remember about swarm bees:
- Typically when they swarm they ingest lots of honey, usually they are more docile.
- They are not defending an actual hive yet, so again a little more docile – doesn’t mean that they can’t get agitated.
- Usually as warm lands and sends out scouts, once they find a suitable home they will usually leave.
- Bees at a water fountain are just there for water, lone bees will not attack unless you mess with them.
- If you are stung seek medical attention, especially if allergic. Call 911 or Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222.
- Use caution as you are dealing with possibly dangerous insects.