- Skunks generally forage at night and are considered omnivores (they will eat anything) eat plants, berries, grass, bugs, worms, eggs, reptiles & rodents.
- Skunks don’t have the best eyesight but have excellent hearing.
- Ther prefer to live in burrows.
- Skunks actually sneeze to clear out their noses so they can better smell plant food or animal prey.
- If you get sprayed, only time will help to fade the smell, tomato juice and/or vingear will help to mask the smell – by the way scientists believe its the oil that makes it last.
- Stay back if you spot a skunk, it can shoot up to 10 feet and less accurate to 16 feet.