Here are a few tips on honeybee swarms:
- Generally speaking a swarm such as the one above will move on in time, usually 24 hours.
- When a swarm happens the bees take in honey and are therefore less aggressive, don’t provoke them.
- A swarm will send scouts out to look for an new home.
- If they land on a tree, bush or fence give them some time. If they land on your house it is better to take care of it ASAP.
- By just looking at them it is impossible to determine if they are Africanized.
- Once they establish a hive or colony they will defend with their lives.