Each of us have to ask that question and maybe even answer it differently depending on circumstances. What are the question?
- How often do I see pests?
- What are the pests?
- Termites are a different type of treatment, requires a strategy?
- Is it a time time event, like bedbugs?
- Do you see scorpions or venomous spiders?
- Can I keep pest out by doing IPM techniques?
If you live in an area where the pests are dangerous then I suggest contacting a local company and getting their opinion. We have scorpions in Arizona and it is tough to keep them from getting into your home. If I lived in an area where Brown Recluse were active I would have service monthly. Answer those questions above and check out the National Pest Management Association website for details on where to locate a reputable pest control company.