GreenPro certified services minimize pesticide exposure to humans, non-target animals, and the environment by:
- Focusing on integrated pest management (IPM) strategies such as habitat modification, exclusion, removal of food and water sources, sanitation, and making repairs.
- Providing and documenting thorough pest inspection and monitoring services, as well as follow-up to ensure efficacy.
- Regularly communicating with clients about pests infestations, conducive conditions, and ways to prevent pests.
- Requiring GreenPro training for all company employees who sell or perform GreenPro services.
Services that include any of the following will not be certified as GreenPro:
- Preventive pesticide applications that are based solely on the calendar.
- Routine, high volume pesticide applications without justification.
- Indoor pesticide applications without justification.
- Rodenticides placed in a manner in which they are accessible to children and nontarget animals.
All information taken directly from the Guide to GreenPro certification.
I’ve been pushing this for years, my regular service is an outside only, inside only on request and based on the problem or issue. We only use power spraying for weeds and ticks. In Arizona we have scorpions, so we recommend home sealing but it also requires monthly spraying, we do use a lot of DE.