It’s the time of year, Monsoon is on its way and water in any crack or crevice imaginable. Guess what, the mosquito Mom’s will lay eggs anywhere there is water? Water grates, catch basins or cisterns will hold water longer since they are deeper.
When is the best time to attack those littler biters, IN THE WATER, of course? Captive audience, when they’re flying it’s to late.
So what do you do?
- No freestanding water on you’re property, if it’s stagnant it can cause issue.
- If you are in charge of a HOA, check water grates and storm drains. Things can be done to prevent mosquitoes from using those.
- I’ve seen them in beer bottles along a roadside, so get rid of trash and no tires.
- Mosquitoes cause disease from Malaria to Equine encephalitis.
- Repair or replace window screens.
- Keep doors shut and repair door sweeps and door seals.
- Even gutters can hold a small amount of water, I know what’s a gutter in AZ. But I have seen some, so make sure they are free and clear.