Scorpion glass – One of my strong traits is that I love new technology. I read the current Pest Control magazines like Pest Management Professional and Pest Control Technology. I ran across a product that I definitely think is a game-changer to pests in your home or business. So let’s step back a few years – a company was going to install glass on your slab visible under the stucco. I thought this was too labor-intensive and posed some issues with dirt sticking to the glass and where it connected together.
This week I came across a product from ScorpionRepel.com – I loved this premise. This is a glass-like spray, applied to your slab, and partway up the stucco depending on slab, which prevents scorpions from climbing. They further indicated that they could spray into the garage and below any doors. So far approximately 250 homes have been treated with very good results. No staining, clear which won’t yellow and won’t damage your paint. It will stick to any material such as bricks, metal, and stucco. If it is painted over it needs another treatment and treatment is expected to last about 3 years.
- In conjunction with pest control, Scorpion glass can reduce scorpion and prey food.
- Home-sealing is another avenue to take
- The scorpion stays in the treated pesticide zone longer.
- More work can be performed in areas that bugs hide and reduce whole yard spraying.
- In line with current standards of IPM – Integrated Pest Management
- Lasts 3 years