Water spots, have you ever noticed in your shower or bath that the water condensates on the ceiling. The steam build up and a water droplet forms much like a wet cave. These marks can be misidentified as termites, but they are just water which has dried leaving behind minerals. You might have to enlarge the picture to see what I’m talking about. I guess the take away is you need venting in the bathroom, that steam can cause a lot of issues. Water, steam etc can make drywall get moldy and damage the integrity of the product and even cause interior issues. Then if the water runs down the 2×4, termites may come up through the weakened termite barrier. Big problems, all caused by water – so think of those water spots as a alarm to open a window or turn that fan on.
HOW IT WORKS
The most common complaint in bathrooms spare rooms with drains etc. That floor drain MUST have water in it or you get stinky smells and if there is no water then bugs come in.
The most common cause of sewer gas odor is when the water evaporates out of an unused or seldom used sink p-trap or floor drain, allowing sewer gas to escape.
Sewer Gas SolutionsTM eliminates sewer gas infiltration into buildings by creating a non-toxic, long-lasting layer which prevents water in plumbing traps from evaporating.
SEWER GAS REALLY STINKS for property managers, facility engineers, Realtors and business owners because it:
- Smells bad,
- Bad smells = lost revenue from failed home sales, new leases and lease renewals
- Smells Bad = lost revenue due to bad social media reviews from customers
- Bad smells = lost revenue from time wasted fielding complaints by staff and customers alike
- Irritates mucousa of the eyes, nose, throat and lungs,
- Irritated mucosal membranes = Lost revenue from absenteeism and presentism due to infirm staff with headaches, eye irritation, sneezing, coughing and general malaise
- Corrodes metal,
- Corroded metal = malfunctioning smoke alarms and fire panels
- Metals Corrode = Reduces lifespans for electronics like computers and televisions
- Corroded metal = displeasing aesthetics for building finishes and contents
- Is combustible,
- Build-up of combustible gasses can lead to fires and explosions and the associated loss of life and property.
- Smells like the additive to natural gas,
- Methyl mercaptan from sewers in the living space = false claims of a natural gas leak, unnecessary building evacuations and eventually a “cry wolf” culture, where people will not take an actual natural gas leak seriously.
- Means there’s unrestricted access for sewer critters,
- Dry traps = unhindered access to the living space for cockroaches, sewer flies, etc.
- and more.
Simple dry plumbing traps are the #1 cause of sewer gas infiltration.
You could always avoid this issue by manually fill up traps with water every week. Or, you can say goodbye to dry plumbing traps and sewer gas infiltration for months by saying hello to patent pending SEWER GAS SOLUTIONS ™. Visit www.SewerGasSolutions.com to learn more or to place an order today.
Our Sewer Gas Solutions ™ patent pending evaporation barrier product is intended specifically for use in unused or underused plumbing drains traps. Fill the trap with water, pour our product in a quantity to completely cover the surface of the water, forget about that trap for 3-6 months (please don’t leave your buildings unattended for 3 months or more, because all sorts of other issues can occur). (Snowbirds) Then, when the happy buyer/tenant moves in, they can start using the sink or toilet and other fixtures as normal and our product will eventually flush through.
Below are the product highlights.
- Say goodbye to dry plumbing traps & sewer gas infiltration by saying hello SEWER GAS SOLUTIONS (TM).
- PU Productions was founded by two industry-leading scientists, a chemist, Paul V. Anderson and an environmental scientist, Derrick A. Denis, with nearly half a century of combined experience in indoor environmental quality (IEQ) investigations and testing.
- After investigating thousands of complaints ranging from odors and headaches to perceived natural gas leaks and damaged building materials, the problem became crystal clear.
- Evaporated plumbing traps and the resulting sewer gas infiltration are a common and costly bane to building occupants, managers and owners.
- We dedicated ourselves to creating a simple-to-use and cost-effective solution to this problem.
- Sewer Gas Solutions (TM) patent pending evaporation–inhibiting product is the result of over 5 years of research and development.
- It provides an inexpensive, long-lasting and easy-to-use method to prevent trap water evaporation in commercial, residential and industrial plumbing traps including sinks, floor drains, tubs, showers, toilets and the like.
- It is Green. It is compounded with Certified Organic ingredients and Natural Botanicals. By preventing the need for trap primers or excessive trap filling, it saves water.
- It is not hazardous. The ingredients are used in foods, food processing, cosmetics, medicines and more. You could drink it without lasting ill effects (although this would result in loose stool). You could rub it on your skin and you would be moisturized and smell fragrant (but this is NOT RECOMENDED, as it is not the product intention).
- Sewer Gas Solutions™:
- Won’t damage pipes,
- Won’t congeal into a pipe blocking mess,
- Won’t cross react with common products that get poured in the drain (bleach, ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, etc.),
- Won’t grow bacterial and mold,
- Won’t attract pests (in fact it inhibits them primarily by keeping the water in the trap that blocks them),
- Works at normal Earth temperature ranges (Phoenix hot to Pinetop cold),
- It is easy to use and saves you money. Fill your trap with water, add some product, forget about that trap drying out for months.
- No more manually filling every week.
- No more trap primer woes.
- No more costly installations of valves or plugs that either get stuck closed and result in flooding when the water comes on or get stuck open and do no good at all.
- AC on or off, vacant or occupied, summer or winter, Sewer Gas Solutions (TM) patent pending evaporation–inhibiting product is proven to work.
- Visit www.SewerGasSolutions.com to learn more.
Termite sign – Look no tubes at the bottom, but they are on the top of the shelving. This is a post tension home, so how did they do that? A little investigative work and what did I spy. No tubes outside, but there is a set of pipes at the washer/dryer. So it must be that, this one was a little easier than some.
You have to think about it, and make the best educated guess as to how they are getting in. Not always easy but the work must be done to stop them from getting in. Termites cause approximately $5 – 8 billion in damage each year so doing a monthly check for termite sign is important in keeping your home in tip top shape.
Cricket poo often is confused by a lay person as termite damage or frass. Cricket feces is black odd shaped star looking almost ripped edges. Termite feces is used with tunnel making or with Drywood termites hard shell ribbed edges. Subterranean termites mix the dirt and poo together in the building of the termite tubes and/or tunnels.
The Art of Pest Management is with the knowledge and what and how pest occur, that by the way is why you pay me. Because I KNOW. I continually run into people that say the previous person said this and that is wrong. They might say its bed bug and I go and its springtails or even ticks. That’s another treatment protocol and generally a lot less money.
Woodpecker damage can be quite the issue with homes in Arizona. Most of the time the woodpecker stays with natural habitat like cactus and other tree nesting sites. For me its the drumming or the sound of the woodpecker in trying to get into a hole or make a new one. Sometimes they get it all wrong and drum the band around a chimney and it sounds terrible.
Now for the bad news, it is a bear to get them to stop. Sometimes the flashy things work and sometimes not. One of the newest is a rotating device mentioned in previous blogs. Again they are for the birds that swoop into your rook lines. Call ProBest for all your pest needs at 480-831-9328 or 623-414-1076.
Schools – The QualityPro accreditation standards are set by the Board of Directors with the help of experts in each field of qualification. Based on four pillars, the standards relate to how companies do business in the field of Business Operations, Environmental Stewardship, Consumer Relations and Employee Education.
In an effort to ensure that QualityPro companies have access to the latest information and uphold the integrity of the program, these standards are continually monitored and enhanced as needed.
ProBest Pest Management achieved our accreditation in 2005 and continue to set the standard for other companies around us.
QualityPro is administered by the Foundation for Professional Pest Management, an independent organization that has been developing good business practices and standards since 2004. Designed specifically for pest management companies in the US and Canada, we are proud to certify over 500 of the best companies in the pest management industry.
QualityPro is the only recognized and accepted credentialing authority of the professional pest management industry.
QualityPro sets the standards of excellence for professional pest management companies and their employees through education, training and certification, providing consumers protection and confidence when selecting a nationally accredited company.
Standards of Excellence
QualityPro accredits and certifies pest management companies and professionals using a set of comprehensive standards significantly superior to national and state/provincial regulations.
Education & Training
An increasing number of Pest Management Companies and professionals are becoming QualityPro Accredited and Certified by completing approved education and training programs designed to enhance the overall customer experience.
Reprinted from QualityPro Schools National Pest Management Association
GreenPro Green – QualityPro Accredited companies may offer GreenPro Certified service. GreenPro, a program developed by QualityPro, recognizes services offered by companies within our industry that are committed to providing commercial and residential customers with reduced risk, comprehensive, and effective pest control services. The GreenPro certification program standards were enhanced in 2015 to better meet the current and future needs of both commercial and residential customers. Now, QualityPro has a team of experts ready to determine whether services designed by QualityPro companies have met the GreenPro standard. The result? Certified service that is proven effective for your business, for your clients, and for the earth.
GreenPro certified services minimize pesticide exposure to humans, nontarget animals, and the environment by:
- Focusing on integrated pest management strategies such as habitat modification, exclusion, removal of food and water sources, sanitation, and making repairs.
- Providing and documenting thorough pest inspection and monitoring services, as well as follow-up to ensure efficacy.
- Regularly communicating with clients about pest infestations, conducive conditions, and ways to prevent pests.
- Requiring GreenPro training for all company employees who sell or perform GreenPro service.
Services that include any of the following will not be certified as GreenPro:
- Preventive pesticide applications that are based solely on the calendar.*
- Routine, high-volume pesticide applications without justification.
- Indoor pesticide applications without justification.
- Rodenticides placed in a manner in which they are accessible to children and nontarget animals.
*Preventive applications linked to seasonality or times of year are permissible if they are clearly linked to the biology of the pest, and regional- or site-specific data on pest pressure and patterns of infestation.
Reprinted from GreenPro National Pest Management Association
Foam Fail, foam is not suitable for sealing rodent holes. Rodents will gnaw right through this stuff, there is nothing in this stuff to prevent them. You need hardware cloth, cooper or steel wool. This will stop them from gaining access.
Now here is the problem, the foam expands and expand and well you got it expands. In some ways you can’t stop this foam from expanding. It also has a solvent in it and it is really messy. If you can control it, very minor squeeze of the handle to limit the flow helps.
Whirlybird, newest technology in the constant war against the birds. The device reflects the sun as they attempt to land on your home. Bird scare devices are a popular choice when trying to rid your property of nuisance annoying birds. Using bird scare devices takes a great deal of persistence. They can be a valuable addition to your bird control tools. That is the reason that we use multiple devices and offer options, and a whirlybird is just another tool. There are numerous devices that offer a wide variety of frightening devices, including visual and audio products, which will help you get rid of nuisance birds .
The other thing to remember is that if we exclude a certain area, the birds may move. This causes considerable issues, but honestly I don’t always know which way they may go. The best part of working with ProBest is that we have seen lots of things work and many DIY fails. Call us today 480-831-9328.