Mosquitoes are back and can be a real pain in the bod. Not on my list of favorite bugs but I guess they have a purpose. Not exactly sure what it might be but everything in its place. Annoying but they kill about 1 million people per year. Screens probably reduce the numbers to houses more than any other device. How about a few facts:
- Only the females bite. OK they suck…
- Listed as the deadliest animal on earth, from Malaria to Zika virus.
- Been on this planet for about 210 million years.
- All mosquitoes water to survive, not a lot but just enough to lays eggs. Limit water sources and you limit mosquitoes. Unless your neighbors don’t care.
- What is the best time to kill them, in their larval stage? Kill them in the water where they can’t fly away.
- Mosquito in Spanish means “little fly”.
- I’ve read that mosquitoes prefer beer drinkers.
- That little bump you get on your skin is actually from their saliva.
- To avoid them completely you must stop breathing (CO2), get rid of body odor and your body heat, and stop moving. Ha try that….
- Worldwide 2700 species and in the USA only 176 species.