Home sealing is the way to go, hands down and here is the way to handle the scorpions.
- Inspect the outside of your home, high and low. Look for honeybees or wasp nest. Are the weep hole screens in place?
- Check for entry spots where scorpions or bugs can get into your home.
- Use a mirror and check the jtrim (that’s the thing that holds the bottom of stucco up). Ideally it should be flush against the foundation, the holes are OK and are there to allow the wall to breath and allow moisture to escape.
- Make sure you check corners, use some type of foam (use rigid not expanding foam) and secure in place with caulking.
- Repair leaky pipes, check flood irrigation and drip irrigation.
- Check window and/or door screens.
- Install garage door sweeps, call ProBest or check out our webpage https://callprobest.com/home-seal
- Remember scorpions need water, food and shelter just like you and me. Get rid of their food source, crickets and other small bugs. Consider calling a pest professional like ProBest Pest Management? Setting a schedule is essential, we won’t forget and we will call you in advance.