GreenPro Green – QualityPro Accredited companies may offer GreenPro Certified service. GreenPro, a program developed by QualityPro, recognizes services offered by companies within our industry that are committed to providing commercial and residential customers with reduced risk, comprehensive, and effective pest control services. The GreenPro certification program standards were enhanced in 2015 to better meet the current and future needs of both commercial and residential customers. Now, QualityPro has a team of experts ready to determine whether services designed by QualityPro companies have met the GreenPro standard. The result? Certified service that is proven effective for your business, for your clients, and for the earth.
GreenPro certified services minimize pesticide exposure to humans, nontarget animals, and the environment by:
- Focusing on integrated pest management strategies such as habitat modification, exclusion, removal of food and water sources, sanitation, and making repairs.
- Providing and documenting thorough pest inspection and monitoring services, as well as follow-up to ensure efficacy.
- Regularly communicating with clients about pest infestations, conducive conditions, and ways to prevent pests.
- Requiring GreenPro training for all company employees who sell or perform GreenPro service.
Services that include any of the following will not be certified as GreenPro:
- Preventive pesticide applications that are based solely on the calendar.*
- Routine, high-volume pesticide applications without justification.
- Indoor pesticide applications without justification.
- Rodenticides placed in a manner in which they are accessible to children and nontarget animals.
*Preventive applications linked to seasonality or times of year are permissible if they are clearly linked to the biology of the pest, and regional- or site-specific data on pest pressure and patterns of infestation.
Reprinted from GreenPro National Pest Management Association