Monsoon rain & dust will start soon and we all know what that will bring? Termites and more bugs including more mosquitoes and flies. It’s time to store your outdoor equipment before the winds grab it. Check your windows for gaps and repair, keeps the Monsoon rain & dust out. What should you do, now to avoid the mess. Remember the Boy Scout motto “Be Prepared”.
- Check your yard for containers that may hold water.
- Fill in potholes that may hold water.
- Double check drip irrigation and flood irrigation for issues.
- Clean gutters.
- Repair screens, make sure they are in place.
- Check door sweeps and gaskets.
- Remember stagnant water is the enemy, flowing water good.
- Best time to treat for mosquitoes is when they are in the water.
SEWER GAS REALLY STINKS for property managers, facility engineers, Realtors and business owners because it:
- Smells bad,
- Bad smells = lost revenue from failed home sales, new leases and lease renewals
- Smells Bad = lost revenue due to bad social media reviews from customers
- Bad smells = lost revenue from time wasted fielding complaints by staff and customers alike
- Irritates mucousa of the eyes, nose, throat and lungs,
- Irritated mucosal membranes = Lost revenue from absenteeism and presentism due to infirm staff with headaches, eye irritation, sneezing, coughing and general malaise
- Corrodes metal,
- Corroded metal = malfunctioning smoke alarms and fire panels
- Metals Corrode = Reduces lifespans for electronics like computers and televisions
- Corroded metal = displeasing aesthetics for building finishes and contents
- Is combustible,
- Build-up of combustible gasses can lead to fires and explosions and the associated loss of life and property.
- Smells like the additive to natural gas,
- Methyl mercaptan from sewers in the living space = false claims of a natural gas leak, unnecessary building evacuations and eventually a “cry wolf” culture, where people will not take an actual natural gas leak seriously.
- Means there’s unrestricted access for sewer critters,
- Dry traps = unhindered access to the living space for cockroaches, sewer flies, etc.
- and more.
Simple dry plumbing traps are the #1 cause of sewer gas infiltration.
You could always avoid this issue by manually fill up traps with water every week. Or, you can say goodbye to dry plumbing traps and sewer gas infiltration for months by saying hello to patent pending SEWER GAS SOLUTIONS ™. Visit www.SewerGasSolutions.com to learn more or to place an order today.
Our Sewer Gas Solutions ™ patent pending evaporation barrier product is intended specifically for use in unused or underused plumbing drains traps. Fill the trap with water, pour our product in a quantity to completely cover the surface of the water, forget about that trap for 3-6 months (please don’t leave your buildings unattended for 3 months or more, because all sorts of other issues can occur). (Snowbirds) Then, when the happy buyer/tenant moves in, they can start using the sink or toilet and other fixtures as normal and our product will eventually flush through.
Below are the product highlights.
- Say goodbye to dry plumbing traps & sewer gas infiltration by saying hello SEWER GAS SOLUTIONS (TM).
- PU Productions was founded by two industry-leading scientists, a chemist, Paul V. Anderson and an environmental scientist, Derrick A. Denis, with nearly half a century of combined experience in indoor environmental quality (IEQ) investigations and testing.
- After investigating thousands of complaints ranging from odors and headaches to perceived natural gas leaks and damaged building materials, the problem became crystal clear.
- Evaporated plumbing traps and the resulting sewer gas infiltration are a common and costly bane to building occupants, managers and owners.
- We dedicated ourselves to creating a simple-to-use and cost-effective solution to this problem.
- Sewer Gas Solutions (TM) patent pending evaporation–inhibiting product is the result of over 5 years of research and development.
- It provides an inexpensive, long-lasting and easy-to-use method to prevent trap water evaporation in commercial, residential and industrial plumbing traps including sinks, floor drains, tubs, showers, toilets and the like.
- It is Green. It is compounded with Certified Organic ingredients and Natural Botanicals. By preventing the need for trap primers or excessive trap filling, it saves water.
- It is not hazardous. The ingredients are used in foods, food processing, cosmetics, medicines and more. You could drink it without lasting ill effects (although this would result in loose stool). You could rub it on your skin and you would be moisturized and smell fragrant (but this is NOT RECOMENDED, as it is not the product intention).
- Sewer Gas Solutions™:
- Won’t damage pipes,
- Won’t congeal into a pipe blocking mess,
- Won’t cross react with common products that get poured in the drain (bleach, ammonia, hydrogen peroxide, etc.),
- Won’t grow bacterial and mold,
- Won’t attract pests (in fact it inhibits them primarily by keeping the water in the trap that blocks them),
- Works at normal Earth temperature ranges (Phoenix hot to Pinetop cold),
- It is easy to use and saves you money. Fill your trap with water, add some product, forget about that trap drying out for months.
- No more manually filling every week.
- No more trap primer woes.
- No more costly installations of valves or plugs that either get stuck closed and result in flooding when the water comes on or get stuck open and do no good at all.
- AC on or off, vacant or occupied, summer or winter, Sewer Gas Solutions (TM) patent pending evaporation–inhibiting product is proven to work.
- Visit www.SewerGasSolutions.com to learn more.
Cricket poo often is confused by a lay person as termite damage or frass. Cricket feces is black odd shaped star looking almost ripped edges. Termite feces is used with tunnel making or with Drywood termites hard shell ribbed edges. Subterranean termites mix the dirt and poo together in the building of the termite tubes and/or tunnels.
The Art of Pest Management is with the knowledge and what and how pest occur, that by the way is why you pay me. Because I KNOW. I continually run into people that say the previous person said this and that is wrong. They might say its bed bug and I go and its springtails or even ticks. That’s another treatment protocol and generally a lot less money.
Expert: In my days of traveling to give presentations to pest control technicians across the world, I ran into all kinds. The one thing that always got me, if you traveled to speak you were the expert. The biggest audience was in Mexico with over 500 attendee’s. And it had to be translated because you know who couldn’t speak Spanish. I really enjoyed the comradery and since I had hands on experience it was easy to relate to me and my talks.
I want to share another feature/benefit of ProBest Pest Management, there is this site for Pest Control people across the world. They can go there to ask questions, ask for help in identifying other bugs and ask questions on day to day operations. It’s a cool, informative site. I like it because one of my technicians is a member and an (A.C.E.) Associate Certified Entomologist and he is constantly helping people on this site. Makes me proud to have him onboard as a supervisor and resident expert on bugs.
There are a lot of bugs out there and by the way they weigh more than all of us, so be careful. #1 bug threat to man = mosquitoes and #2 probably fleas. So the world needs the Public Health expert to stand against the bugs. Bugs come in many sizes, shapes and nastiness, so bee careful and let the Expert just do it for you.
ProBest name change
ProBest name change. So I’m sure everyone has heard about this certain company that recently told everyone they were changing their name. It was all a publicity stunt to grab attention to their name and the fact that they more than pancakes. It was a great idea and we all know that they have burgers now. Names can tell what the company does and its even important in our line of work. So with that in mind:
Interstate House of Pests or Interstate House of Bugs —- names changed to prevent me from being sued? So what do you think? “I don’t care what you call me, as long as you call me” 480-831-9328 — ProBest name change —
Remember we handle a plethora of bugs and pests, scorpions, ants, bees, rodents and termites and a lot more. We LOVE helping people and businesses and we offer value and we are accredited with the BBB. We are also a QualityPro company since 2005, earned by less than 3% of companies in the United States, the QualityPro designation demonstrates a commitment to excellence and provides consumers with an easy way to identify and be confident in their selection of a quality pest management provider from the National Pest Management Association.
I’m just kidding and I like the name ProBest Pest Management, so no name change but spread the word…
Mosquito dunks and how to use them. I thought this was a great idea. First off they contain No Poison. They are based on the naturally occurring bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis, var. israelensis, or Bti. It is considered to be one of the most environmentally sensitive mosquito and blackfly larvicides used in mosquito control. Made with Bt-israelensis (Bt-i), a highly specific biological pesticide, this product represent a major breakthrough for people and the environment when compared with the traditional toxic chemical approach to mosquito control. Will NOT harm people, pets, wildlife or fish. One note I will make is that the time to kill mosquitoes is when they are in the larvae and pupa stage, in the water.
Wonderful for use in water gardens, flower pots, bird baths, rain gutters and decorative ponds! http://npic.orst.edu/ingred/bt.html
The mosquito female finds the water, lays her eggs and then when they hatch the oil does its job, death to the wigglers.
Boy oh boy, nobody can win these days especially with all that FAKE NEWS out there. So I wanted to clear the air about pest control or termite control.
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Pest Control
Let’s start with Pest Control. Do you know what my biggest liability is, its not the pesticide its driving to the appointment. Everyone is complaining about the low wages, so what did we do? We raised the minimum wage to $10.50 – Let’s think about this for a minute – that means that the business must make more than that per hour to make money. The business must also take into account all those things that they must pay for (insurance, workman’s comp, vehicle if needed and then auto insurance, chemical, additional employees like schedulers etc and according to a NPMA survey that is about 32.8%) I recently saw a poster on a pole out in Surprise for pest control for $25 – NOBODY MAKES MONEY ON THIS!
How long do you think a person can spend at this account? How long will they be in business. Are they even using chemical/pesticide? Are they insured, (liability, workman’s comp and auto insurance) probably not? If you hire an unlicensed person and they mess up, who will pay for their mistake?
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR! Termite Control
Termite control – I recently saw an advertisement for $275 – I also remember an article from Florida that suggested termite treatments should be the range of $1000 to $1500 based on the cost in 1930 something. What do you really get for $275?
Termidor HE Label – “Structural termite protection is achieved by establishing a continuous treated zone along the exterior foundation of the structure.” When I read this and interpret it, to me it says there must be a complete barrier around the structure. So either the garage must be drilled or across the garage door must be drilled and what about patio’s? In my book either the patio is drilled or the outside of the patio is trenched. Now to achieve the label how can you sell it for $275? YOU CAN’T! Again you get what you pay for….
So why is this FAKE NEWS – because I don’t think you are getting the right deal for what you pay. Someone isn’t giving you the right pesticide, all the pesticide you are supposed to get and all the areas the label requires. Now I used the Termidor HE label, but check out the offer and see what they are supposed to give you and then compare the options.
Trivia fact – Termites have been reclassified into the same order as cockroaches, they are more closely to roaches than ants. Did you know that?
Are you the Handyman? How do the bugs get in?
Who is the handyman? Your home is your castle. The premise of todays pest control or management is to prevent the bugs from getting in. IPM is the Gold Standard of that service and we have talked about it a lot. Seal them out, no its not going to keep everything out but it will help. Exclude those holes, seal the jtrim, check the screens, repair the windows and employ a reputable consistent Pest Company like ProBest Pest Management 480-831-9328.
Homes and businesses require constant upkeep, doors needs flashing, garage doors have trim that may need repair. That roof might need checking from time to time. The pool may need a check by a pool service, you don’t need mosquitoes biting your toes. Termites can be sneaky, so get an inspection at least every few years depending on your
Why do most pest DIY projects fail?
Pest Professional – In my opinion the person forgets the scheduling and the next reason is lack of knowledge about pests. Scheduled treatments are a must because anything can happen in between. I’ve heard from plenty of customers that said my other half started doing it and then kept forgetting. Regular pest treatment are crucial to see and stop anything that could become an issue. Knowledge is the key to proper and successful pest management. If you have no idea what it is, how can you treat for it? Don’t try spraying for Africanized Honeybees because they may attack and injure of possibly kill someone. Better yet let a Pest Professional tackle the problem. ProBest Pest Management 480-831-9328