Posts Tagged ‘mice’
- Skunks generally forage at night and are considered omnivores (they will eat anything) eat plants, berries, grass, bugs, worms, eggs, reptiles & rodents.
- Skunks don’t have the best eyesight but have excellent hearing.
- Ther prefer to live in burrows.
- Skunks actually sneeze to clear out their noses so they can better smell plant food or animal prey.
- If you get sprayed, only time will help to fade the smell, tomato juice and/or vingear will help to mask the smell – by the way scientists believe its the oil that makes it last.
- Stay back if you spot a skunk, it can shoot up to 10 feet and less accurate to 16 feet.
You know that I do on a daily basis buts hey its my job. The Sheriff’s Office in Ocala, Florida are thinking about it now. “Rats! Rodents ate evidence from homicide cases at MCSO.”
People often consider cutting pest control in a tough economy, awhile back I read that NYC was cutting back on rodent work. I don’t always understand the thought process and usually it comes back to bite them. I guess if the money isn’t there you need to cut back unless you are the government and just create more money – wish I could that, right? Good intentions, but before you do that think about the cascade of events that it could lead to.
Last week someone mentioned they had flying bugs in their home, they brought in some samples and they turned out to be Whiteflies. I immediately put on my detective hat and began to ask questions. Had they brought in any plants recently and bingo that was the answer I thought I would hear? A lot of times if we just think about what conditions may have changed and we may get to the right answer.
Whiteflies usually occur in groups on the undersides of leaves. All stages suck plant juice and can damage the plant if numbers are high enough. A few years ago someone had a similar occurrence and they had a potted plant at their front door. Every time they opened the door the whiteflies got sucked right into the home.
Got a question or need some help to identify something, send it to Blog@callprobest.com and I’ll help to identify and give you some options on control.
Just like us pests and rodents need 3 things: #1 Food #2 Water and #3 Shelter.
Whether its warm or cold. opportunity is opportunity and pests will take every chance to push the edge. This could be your home and you need to be aware of the places where pest can set up a home for themselves.
- Check your home for exterior and interior holes.
- Trim trees and bushes away from home.
- Pick up fruit and/or encourage your neighbors to do the same. Give the fruit to St. Mary’s Food Bank.
- Remember rodents will gnaw on wires and pipes, you don’t need a headache like this.
Call ProBest Pest Management for help in dealing with pests.