Basic House fly facts:
- Houseflies lived over 65 million years ago!
- The easiest and simplest way to keep flies out of your home is to keep things clean. Don’t leave food lying around, make sure you take out the trash every day and wipe up spilled messes right away.
- They prefer corners and edges or thin objects to rest on. Indoors, they rest on floors, walls and ceilings during the day.
- House flies are the most common of all flies and always found in the company of humans and are inactive at night.
- Houseflies have no mouth but it has an eating tube through which it vomits a drop of fluid from its stomach and deposits it on its intended meal – GROSS. This fluid is then sucked up along with the nutrients it has dissolved, leaving behind untold numbers of germs.
- Female houseflies can lay 2,500 eggs in just a month.
- Adult houseflies can live 30 – 60 days.
- Houseflies are a perfect host for all types of bacteria… proven carriers of such germs as gangrene, Typhoid, leprosy, tuberculosis, amoebic dysentery, bubonic plague, and listeria, just to name a few.