What criteria do you use when you decide to use a pesticide, do you read the label and decide the bug is listed on container or do you just buy it because?
One of my biggest pest peeves (yes I said pest) is using a rodenticide in the open where anything could find it and eat it. All and I said all rodent baits require that they be sealed in locked or secured devices.
and my other pesticide pest peeve
Is the use of DE or Diatomaceous earth or aerosol foggers. I have seen mounds of DE placed on floors and carpet for the prevention of Bed Bugs, this stuff can become airborne and you can breath this stuff into your lungs. I have also seen people use way to many aerosol foggers for what they are attempting to kill. Some of these foggers only make the critters hide deeper and become more difficult to treat.
There are of course some tips to using pesticides and of course I recommend you contacting a Professional (like ProBest Pest Management) as we are trained in these products and there usage. But if you are going to Do It Yourself here are some tips.
- Read the label, SDS and any other materials associated, and follow the directions.
- If your are going to store the product, make it safe. If your storing in garage remember it gets hot and if the bait has oil in it it might evaporate and become useless. I’ve had people complain that a product wasn’t working and it was really old and had spoiled.
- Does the product allow interior, exterior treatments, can it be mixed, can it be used around water or if it is raining or just rained?