Stay away from snakes, incidents on the rise in Arizona.
“Reports on the rattlesnake bites in Arizona on the rise” By Associated Press Originally published: Aug 21, 2012 – 3:39 pm reported by the The Arizona Poison and Drug Information Center 1-800-222-1222 Prevention Tips
Tips for staying safe from snakes…
- All snakes are not bad! Many snakes eat rodents and help to keep down populations.
- Wear gloves while out gardening.
- If your hiking pay attention to your surroundings. Wear long pants and boots, if your in an area known for being infested knee length boots are probably the good call. Also you can carry a hiking stick. If you hear a rattle stop and listen, determine the location and back away if possible. You can encounter all kinds of wildlife while hiking as well as Africanized Bees.
- If the snake is on your property call a Pest Management Professional to remove it, it is not necessary to kill it.
- If bitten call 911 immediately – remain calm, don’t panic. Get to a hospital or get treatment ASAP.