“Neglected Tropical Diseases: An unfolding Tragedy of Chagas Disease in North America.” As many know this is my favorite looking bug, the one I think has the patterns and artistic shape that just looks cool for a bug. If you read the home seal you also know that this little bug is a biter and transmits a nasty little disease called Chagas.
The data shows that incidents in Mexico could be in the area of 1-6 million cases, USA 300,000 – 1 million and Canada less than 100,000.
Tips for keeping them out of your home:
- Repair screens and make sure they are in place.
- If your spending time outside, wear some type of repellent.
- If you live near horses or cattle, pay particular attention – they prefer these animals but given the chance will come after us.
- Close doors and install thresholds and door sweeps.
- Repair weep screens on attic rooflines.