Active Arizona Termites
Our Active Arizona Termites like water and there generally isn’t a lot of it for them. So after it starts raining they get a little more active. So keep a sharp look out for them. Arizona termites are sneaky. They often follow lines such as this metal bracket or they will follow concrete lines and or pipes. So what should you look for?
- Wood to ground, this gives termites a free pass into your home.
- Excessive moisture, don’t water to near the foundation of the house. Check drip irrigation and only water was is necessary for the plant if possible. In Arizona we often use flood irrigation, so be careful you are not interfering with the termiticide along the foundation of the home.
- Don’t store firewood or wood on the ground.
- Look for visible signs of termites, mud tubes, tunnels and/or drop tubes and damage.
- Garages are a noted area, so keep a watch for termite tubes coming up the foundation or in the expansion joint.
- Sometimes you might see little spots of dirt, check it and if it continues to grow get a pest professional to take a look. Our Arizona termites make some funky little drop tubes, it’s their way of trying to get back to the ground.