Rodents and your attic
The attic and mice or rodents can be a real issue for homeowners. By now you should know that flies are my evil #1 pests and rodents rank as #2. That whole thing of flies landing in your backyard and then getting in and laying on your food just grosses me out. But anyway back to rodents, mice urinate as they walk and rats and mice will defecate almost anyplace. They can track over the ground and then scurry across your food, they can spread salmonellae and other parasitic diseases. They also are known for the carry of Black Death or Bubonic Plague.
Just one mouse or rodent in the house, is one too many. So what do you do to prevent rodents from getting?
- Check your property for holes and entry points.
- Fix screen, windows and doors. Use thresholds and door guards.
- Check weep holes and replace, they do wear out.
- Don’t allow clutter around the house.
- Trim trees and bushes from the home.
- Don’t allow sprinklers to hit the home.
- Call ProBest Pest Management 480-831-9328 for help in any matter related to pests.