To a Pest Management Professional the slogan – Integrated Pest Management is really important. Why, you ask? Because it is at the heart of what we do, everyday! I don’t think that many of us that really want to harm nature and there is a fine line to doing that and protecting us from the bugs that could kill us.
At its core is this principle – “Integrated Pest Management is a process involving common sense and sound solutions for treating and controlling pests. These solutions incorporate three basic steps: 1) inspection, 2) identification and 3) treatment. Treatment options vary from sealing cracks and removing food and water sources to pesticide treatments when necessary.”
But you and I both know that it isn’t always easy controlling certain pests like cockroaches in apartments, so its take everyone’s cooperation and help to solve the dilemna. The same goes for scorpions, home-sealing is just one step to controling these beasts.
So heer are a few tips to help you in your mission to keep your home or business bug free.
- Home-seal your home or buisness (fill in cracks and crevices).
- Fix any leaking pipes.
- Don’t stack firewood or any material against your house, the idea is to be clutter free.
- Keep trees and bushes clear from your home.
- Don’t bring in used furniture until you check it completely.
- Repair screens and door thresholds.
- Those holes at the roofline are to allow the attic to breath, don’t let birds or wildlife make their home there.
- A clean home is less attractive to wildlife and pests.